Thursday, August 30, 2012

Juice Fasting

(click image to enlarge)

2012-08-30_133952_JuiceFasting

Well, I am getting ready for a real juice fast.  I have been reading and hearing (movies, documentaries) for over a couple years.  I’ve juiced like this before but never gone on a fast.  Last year, after my wife and I married and returned from our honeymoon in Aruba, we are 100% raw food for a month.

Now I am interested in a juice fast, only drinking vegetable+fruit juices for 30 days; more if I feel like I am on a roll.  For the most part I am pretty lean, but I would like to drop the excess adipose fat and then concentrate on building more muscle.  Exercise make ‘em grow, nutrition make ‘em show!

Some of the documentaries I have watched include “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (2010)”, “Food Matters (2008)”, “Forks over Knives (2011)”, “Raw For Life (2007)”, “Simply Raw (2009)” and plenty of others like “Super Size Me (2004)” as well as a generous helping of Dan “The Man” on YouTube (life regenerator!) – including a couple of his CD’s “Raw Kitchen Essentials” and “Life Saving Salads & Dressings”.

My tools of choice are a Vitamix 5200 ($450) and a Breville 800JEXL ($300).

No comments: